I idolize Matt Stone and Trey Parker more each day. There’s nothing these two can’t accomplish brilliantly.
Tv show? Award-winning. Movie (base on tv show)? Oscar nominated. Broadway play? More Tony awards than I can count and now Grammy-nominated.
Now comes the first South Park RPG game they’ve had an active role in creating. Some unconfirmed (but most likely accurate) details about the game.
- The player’s character will be silent and “fully customizable”.
- Eric Cartman will greet your character and help you decide your class, which are wizard, paladin, adventurer, rogue, and a fifth unconventional class made up by Cartman
- Many elements of the combat system are like Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi games.
- There is a Final Fantasy Materia like system in the game to augment weapons with various abilities like fire, poison, and electricity.
- Parker and Stone gave Obsidian 15 years of assets used during the show and a detailed list of approved textures and colors.
- Critical hits, cash rewards, experience, and consumables are in the game.
- Sodas are health potions and Tweak’s coffee is a haste item.
- There will probably be no unskippable cutscenes because Parker hates them
Will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Current release plan is the second half of 2012.